Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayer Book Baptists

In one of my earliest posts I mentioned Prayer Book Baptists and I had people tell me that they had never heard of such a thing. Skeptics thought that I was a loon and probably saw these PBBs with the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot. Well, here is evidence........Way of a Pilgrim.

Pastor Randy has a very thoughtful and structured prayer blog, tailored for personal use or for non-Anglicans (removing the Absolution following the General Confession, with a Declaration of Forgiveness using a passage from the Bible - ex. 1 John 2:1-2) and in 10 Reasons I Love the Book of Common Prayer, he gives us another (or lost if you prefer) perspective to why the BCP helps us in our daily life as Christians.

I hope you will drop by Way of a Pilgrim and support Pastor Randy in his Blogging, Ministry and Witness.

3 comments:

The Midland Agrarian said...

What a great link. I enjoyed Pastor Randy's blog too!

Hill Memorial Baptist Church said...

Thank you very much for the mention and the link. I was hoping my Anglicans friends would not be to hard on me for using your prayer book in maybe an unconventional way. I will add a link to your own excellent site at Way of a Pilgrim.

God Bless,
Randy

Kevin said...

Pr. Randy,

It is great to hear from you and would be honored if you linked to this blog.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love to share the Prayer Book with Christians of other traditions and I heartily encourage it, just as I love to read tracts and use devotions from other Christian traditions.

Regards and God Bless,

Kevin