Thursday, May 28, 2009

Anglican Priest Battles Extraterrestrial Invaders

Pinch me I must be dreaming..........................

I have been a Sci-Fi fan for more years than I can count and was a fan of the NBC mini-series "V" back in 1984-85; and today I have learned that there is to be a remake airing later this year on ABC. The thing that I have found even more interesting is that one of the main characters is an Anglican Priest in NYC, not an Episcopalian Priest, but an Anglican Priest.

Joel Gretsch will play the part of Fr. Jack Landry of St. James Anglican Church in NYC, and from what I can tell it appears to be a small-medium Anglo-Catholic parish. Why the writers chose this character is kind of a mystery, perhaps the reason is to have a character who is a Priest but not a Roman so that they can cultivate a relationship story line with the female FBI agent character. It will be interesting to see how much research the writers have done to develop this character and the nuances that it should entail (Anglican v. Roman v. Episcopalian).

Also, it jabbed me in the face that the "V" spokesperson "Anna" uses the phrases "Hope" and "Change" as the goals that the Visitors want to bring to mankind and I wonder if this is a jab at or an affirmation of the current administration in D.C.

Please watch the trailer and I would love to hear your take on what we can expect from the new ABC mini-series "V".


1 comment:

Mike said...

Wow! I loved the V. Can't wait till this comes out.