Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Sign of The Times?

"Once for all, I must protest against the modern notion, that it does not matter the least what religious opinions a man holds, so long as he is in "earnest" about them, "that one creed is just as good as another," and that all "earnest" men will somehow or other at last find themselves in heaven. I cannot hold such an opinion, so long as I believe that the Bible is a revelation from God. I would extend to every one the widest liberty and toleration. I abhor the idea of persecuting any one for his opinions. I would "think and let think." But so long as I have breath in my body, I shall always contend that there is such a thing as revealed truth, "that men may find out what truth is if they will honestly seek for it," and that mere earnestness and zeal, without Scriptural knowledge, will never give any one comfort in life, peace in death, or boldness in the day of judgment."

Was this quote written in :
A) 1877?
B) 1927?
C) 1977?
D) 2007?


Check back later for the answer.


The answer is A) The following article is taken from 'Knots Untied' by J.C. Ryle (first published in 1877).

No comments: